Saturday, July 30, 2011

Strands Beach, Dana Point (Funicular/Tram)

Yesterday my DD1 invited me to go the the beach with their entire family.  Each grandchild got to bring a friend.  Not sure who's friend I was LOL.  I'm terrified of heights so when they told me I was going to ride a funicular/tram down to the beach I was nervous to say the least.  It was fun - maybe that's why they call it the funicular.  I could have opted to walk down the stairs but because I hurt my knee last Saturday I didn't want to take any chances with the stairs.  The beach was beautiful and not wall to wall people.  There were 20 million dollar homes above our heads as we lounge on the beach.  I walked the beach for an hour and enjoyed the sunshine.  The waves were magnificent and the boys had fun boogie boarding.  I had such a great time and was so grateful I was invited to share a new adventure with my DD1 and family.

Today is my first day without caffeine YIKES!  I had dinner out with my DH.  Note* I have never quit drinking soda OR caffeine in my entire life!  So I'm a bit on edge seeing others ordering iced tea and sodas.  I've been married to my DH for 39 years and out of those 39 years he drinks water ALL of the time.  If he drinks anything with caffeine he won't sleep for days.  But what did he order tonight for dinner?  A black cherry SODA!  I almost fell off my chair.  I told him how hard it was for me and he said, "I won't do it again".  He better sleep with one eye open tonight. 
YOYO NO MO

No comments:

Post a Comment