Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Talking In My Sleep

Last night I awoke my husband at 2am while we were both sound asleep saying, "Here they are I found the keys over here".  I thought he was going to jump right out of his skin.  I don't know why I said it SO loud, but I did.  Today I decided to look up why people talk in their sleep.  What I found was that some people with sleeping disorders ie. sleep apnea and stress may burst out and talk in their sleep.  Sure enough that's me.  The stress came from the phone call about my surgery date and also earlier in the day both my husband and I were discussing where the keys are to the POD that has all of our furniture.  We will be moving in a couple of weeks - thus my concern about finding the keys and talking about it in my sleep.  Yes, I suffer from sleep apnea and I am one of those people that refuse to wear the CPAP machine.  I can't bear the thought of that mask covering my mouth.  Therefore, I suffer the consequences of lack of sleep.  I get up on the average of 6 times a night, get a drink, use the bathroom, turn the air up and then back to bed.  I'm overweight but I also have a large tongue which as you know when you sleep everything relaxes and it closes off my air passage way.  I get my "big" tongue from my dad, which makes me smile. He too was embarrassed of his tongue.  Dentists always bring their associates to see it and my doctor has brought other doctors to see it.  Geez, if I were a man and it was not my tongue but another body part (down there) maybe I'd be proud to show it off.  But it's just my tongue. I dread going to sleep at night worrying about the position I have to get in to be able to breath comfortably.  I am so looking forward to a good night sleep.  I am in hopes that this RNY surgery will help my sleep apnea.

YOYO NO MO

No comments:

Post a Comment